I have been involved in information research, analysis and synthesis since 1980. Leading up to and contributing to my Web development career I – –
- supervised a staff of document research analysts involved in preparing highly technical deposition and trial transcript summaries;
- was responsible for developing and maintaining several large IBM mainframe databases to store the indexed and summarized document information produced by my staff of research analysts;
- planned and implemented a training program for MCI Communications Office of General Counsel staff in database search and retrieval techniques;
- coordinated the efforts to bring optical images and OCR’d text of MCI’s hard-copy Tariff #1 pages to the legal staff’s desktop; and
- I supervised a team of outside consultants to create a state-of-the-art, Intranet Web-enabled application using a combination of very early ColdFusion and Perl.